Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Melodian's to perform in Berkeley March 19th!

Hey Friends!
I'm back with an exciting announcement...The Melodian's will be playing at Ashkenaz in Berkeley on March 19th! My friend and DJ extraordinaire, Adam of Revival Sound System, will be spinning original Ska, Rocksteady and Early Reggae 45s as part of the show. Come out to support my man Adam and another one of Jamaica's golden performers, The Melodian's!



The Melodian's are perhaps best known for their song contributions to the movie, The Harder They Come, starring Jimmy Cliff. Rivers of Babylon and Sweet Sensation were 2 of the hit songs that helped make the movie so memorable. While these are both great songs, I've gotta say, "It's My Delight" (1969) is probably one of my favorite songs in their repertoir. Take a listen:



Hope you enjoy and perhaps I'll see ya on the dancefloor on the 19th!

No comments: