Monday, February 16, 2009

Some Things I find Interesting...

Over the weekend I watched quite a few programs on the local PBS station. One of which was a special devoted to Mike Douglas, host of one of the most ground breaking talk shows of the 20th Century. I found him to be quite fun and inspiring to watch and spent some time on YouTube watching clips of his show. Notable guest(s) John Lennon & Yoko Ono offered an amazing bit, while they support one of Rock & Roll's legends, Chuck Berry on stage.

**Plus, you gotta check out Chuck's kicks & the shirt sleeves dripping with fringe! Pretty cool!

If you'd like to know about Mike Doughlas and his show, you can find more info about him here: http://www.themikedouglasshow.com/

AND!...my brother came to visit me a few weeks back and we got to talking about shows we loved as kids and he reminded me about "Mad Monster Party?"...do you remember this one?! Why don't they make things like this anymore????!!!!


I think the closest to this might be Coraline (and in retrospect, Nightmare Before Christmas), which seems pretty enchanting. :D


But somehow still not the same!

3 comments:

elponk said...

1. whatever Yoko was having cause I want some..weirdo...to be playing with Chuck and open her big mouth to sound like a dieing animal. Thank god they drowned out her yell at the end.. Wonder what was going through Chuck's head...haha.. (john was probably used to it)

2. cool fringe
3. I saw Coraline yesterday..Awesome in 3D!

elponk said...

delete "cause" cause I sound retarded

haha..

Questionetc said...

you expressed exactly what i was thinking about the yoko yell! Whew!